Saturday, July 21, 2012

Writing ? Me? ......and my very FIRST blog post

Hi ! This is a blog post , (as if you all did not know you were reading a blog post) :) but...it is really a HUGE, BIG deal for me. Why you might ask?

Although writing has been a really big part of my life for many years, I still freeze at the thought of someone actually reading what I write. I have no idea why. I guess its sorta like "stage fright"?, except...well;  "noone can see you", but they can read your thoughts and to me that's a little more frightening.There is no particular reason that I feel this way. Oddly, I have shared some of what I have written over the years with others and it is usually well received. It's almost like I sit on my writing due to fear. Okay, not almost...I sit on it.

Blogging means I am about to share my writing, and so for me that is BIG. Whew....now that I have said all of that, I can share that I do have a body of work that I hope to someday publish. I have contributed a foreword for a book that a friend of mine wrote (which was also a big deal to me). I was once invited to do a piece in a magazine which actually became an article and I was featured in it! Most recently, an editor that I had some idea discussions with a whiiiile ago contacted me. For what ? To discuss that idea again. I think that prompted me to blog, along with one other very special person.....

 Vanessa @desumama!  I have read this wonderfully smart, loving, creative blog since its birth. I love the writing and the wonderful writer!  In a very special email, desumama once told me that she thought  I had something to say......Thank you Vanessa! You do not know how those words stayed with me....

So, here I am..ready to write and share,  and hopefully Blog to Bless 1 (or thousands) ;)

Love and Blessings to All,

Shay

1 comment:

  1. Shay! Congrats! I appreciate the link love, your readership from my beginning, but mostly your constant voice of support. Who knew there was so much love over the cyber world :) I am excited for your new beginning and all that blogging will bring to you. You are most deserving. My tip of advice: do the work! You gotta write everyday! I'm always available for advice or help or anything you need. Seriously, just let me know. Looking forward to watching you get this baby off the ground!

    ReplyDelete